DOMESTIC PROGRAM OVERVIEW
NABC 2019 Performing Arts (PA) Committee welcomes you to its grand arena of cultural performances. We are excited to present to you the finest talents in music, dance, and drama. We would be honored to have you with us as we reminisce the culture and traditions of Bengal through melodious music, rhythm, and harmony! From classical nostalgia to the modern beats, our programs will showcase the essence of true “ভুবনজোড়া আসনখানি”.
Please join us as we embark on this wonderful journey! Talented performers from various organizations in the USA are going to partake in this grand event.
We invite your organization to participate and perform in NABC 2019 at Baltimore, Maryland. Please follow the guidelines delineated in the “North American Bengali Conference 2019 Terms and Conditions for Performance Registration”.
For more information, Please email us at email@example.com
NORTH AMERICAN BENGALI CONFERENCE 2019 TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR PERFORMANCE REGISTRATION
Program Registration Fee is $350.00. Please make your check payable to NABC 2019 and mail the completed Registration Form along with your check to the following address:
NABC 2019 Performing Arts Committee, PO Box 313, Glenelg, MD 21737.
Last date for receipt of Registration Form is February 10, 2019.
2. The registration fees are non-refundable for the programs that have been selected by the NABC Performing Arts (PA) Committee. Registration fees will be refunded for programs that are not selected.
3. Preferences will be given to programs from bona fide cultural organizations. Individual performances (solo programs) will be on an invitation-only basis. No request for a solo program from an individual performer will be entertained.
4. NABC 2019 PA Committee is the sole decision maker regarding the selection of any specific program.
5. NABC 2019 PA Committee reserves the right to reject any proposed submission if deemed inappropriate by the Committee or for any other reason whatsoever.
6. Every effort will be made to maintain the program schedule. However, NABC 2019 PA Committee reserves the right to change the scheduled timing and the venue (stage, auditorium, etc.) of the program without prior notice to the performers.
7. Maximum time allotted for any program will be 30 minutes or less and time allotted for each program shall be strictly enforced. The Representative/Group Leader/Director of the performance must submit a video file of the entire program from start to finish to establish that the performance duration is within the allotted time. The PA Committee reserves the right to take every appropriate action to stop the program in case the program overruns the slated time limit. ALL PARTICIPANTS ARE REQUESTED TO NOTE THIS ITEM AND STRICTLY LIMIT THEIR PERFORMANCE TO THE TIME ALLOTTED.
8. All individuals participating in a program must be individually registered for the NABC 2019. Registration badge is mandatory for access to the stage/green room area.
9. No Organization will be allowed to assign/transfer or share the slated time slot to or with other Organization/individual.
10. NABC 2019 PA Committee reserves the right to approve or disapprove the request for reserving two or more slots by one organization, even if the request comes with the payment of the appropriate amount of program registration fees.
11. No individual will be allowed to participate in more than one event (performance and/or activity). NABC 2019 PA Committee will not entertain any request for schedule change due to any conflict that might be created by an individual planning to perform in two or more programs.
12. NABC 2019 PA Committee will not be responsible for making arrangement for an audience-packed auditorium. Presence of a sufficient number of spectators in the auditorium is beyond the control of the organizers. Performers must understand that the audiences have the right to select the program they want to attend. No request from the Performers/Directors for rescheduling the program due to insufficient spectators will be entertained.
13. The program organizer/performers must not engage in any activity (such as display, lecture, recitation, play, dance, drama, dance drama, vocal and /or instrumental music and/or any other form of presentations) which could be construed as an attempt to convey any message of a political party/propaganda, any religious thought or faith, or any activity that may create racial or communal controversy or ill feeling.
14. The program organizer/performers must not engage in any activity (such as display, lecture, recitation, play, dance, drama, dance drama, vocal and/or instrumental music and/or any other form of presentations) which in the sole opinion of NABC 2019 is considered “obscene” and/or “vulgar”.
15. The program organizer/performers must report to the NABC 2019 stage manager one hour before the program start time.
16. Props list must be sent to the PA Management team before March 31, 2019. PA Management team will try its best to arrange for the requested props, but does not guarantee that all props will be available.
17. NABC 2019 PA Management Team prefers general lighting for the programs. However, participants may request for special lightings. PA Management Team does not guarantee for the requested special lighting availability. For special lighting and/or sound, at least one person from the performing team must be present during the program to work with the light and sound technicians.
18. The “stage preparation time” and the “stage clean up time” are limited to five minutes each and will be utilized at the discretion of the PA Management team. The program organizer/performers must be ready before the start of the program so that they can comply with the stage preparation time. No compromise will be made regarding the use of stage preparation and clean up time, in full or part thereof, by the performers.
19. The program organizers/performers must not engage in any activity during their performance which could create any form of environmental, chemical, and/or fire hazard including but not limited to open flame, storage of combustible and hazardous material, tampering or interfering with electrical lines, etc. No adhesive materials should be used on the stage and no remnants from the program should be left behind on the stage.
20. The performing organizations and all individual performers participating in the performances must have adequate insurance against all types of injury and/or loss due to accidents, errors, omissions or commission of acts by the NABC 2019 organizers, volunteers, employees, and officers. The performing organization and its individual performers will have to exempt the NABC 2019 organizers, its volunteers, employees, and officers from any responsibilities for any such injury and/or loss.
21. Failure to comply with any of the above Terms and Conditions may lead to cancellation of the program or stopping the performance during its presentation.